Proposed Road Development – ESB Link Road and Link to Arena Road
NOTICE OF PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT BY A LOCAL AUTHORITY
Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as Amended)
Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as Amended)
Proposed Road Development.
ESB Link Road & Link to Arena Road
In accordance with Part 8, Article 81 of the Planning and Development Regulations, 2001 (as Amended), Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council hereby gives notice of a proposal to construct the ESB Link Road & Link to Arena Road from the roundabout at M50 junction 14 to Blackthorn Road.
The proposal consists of:
- The construction of approximately 350 metres of single two-lane carriageway road with a central island, a northbound bus lane, cycle tracks, verges, footpaths, public lighting, road drainage and signage.
- A new signalised controlled junction at the tie-in point to the existing network at Blackthorn Road
- A new signalised controlled junction to replace the signalised roundabout at M50 junction 14.
- A link from the proposed ESB Link Road to Arena Road providing a further 145 metres length of new single carriageway.
- The provision of new pedestrian and cycle crossings.
- Improvements will also be made to the existing Blackthorn Road at the approaches to the new junction.
In accordance with S.I. 476, 2011, Section 250, Planning and Development (Amendment) (No. 3) Regulations, 2011, the Council has determined that an Appropriate Assessment is not required.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development are available for inspection fromWednesday 20th November 2013 up to and including Friday 17th January 2014, at the Planning Department, County Hall, Marine Road, Dún Laoghaire between 10.00am and 4.00pm and at the Council Offices, Dundrum Office Park, Dundrum between the hours of 9.30am to 12.30 pm and 1.30pm to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays.
A copy of the proposed Part 8 may also be viewed on the County Council’s website at www.dlrcoco.ie
Council staff familiar with the development will be available to answer questions at Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council Offices, Dundrum Office Park, Dundrum onWednesday 11th and Thursday 12th December 2013 between 4.00 pm and 8.00 pm.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and development of the area, may be made in writing on orbefore Friday 31st January 2014.
Senior Executive Officer
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council
County Hall, Marine Road
20th November 2013